Recipe No. 10: Cucumber and yogurt salad Responding to Jairo’s request from Colombia, I leave the recipe for the cucumber and yogurt salad that I have among my notebooks and kitchen notes. It only differs in some details of the recipe that you have sent me, Jairo. Thank you very much for the inconvenience of sitting down to read the blog.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 large and firm cucumber. Peeling and ginning. Cut into cubes.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 450 ml of creamy natural yogurt.
- White pepper.
- 3 tablespoons minced mint. A few twigs to decorate.
Preparation in 3 steps
- Salt the cucumber cubes and leave them in the drainer for 30 minutes.
- Mash the garlic in a mortar with a little salt. Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt, add the resulting mixture to the rest of the yogurt and stir well. Season with pepper. Add the minced mint.
- Drain the cucumber and add the yogurt mixture. Keep in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Serve it garnished with sprigs of fresh mint.